Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long Time No Post?

Summertime and the living is easy? Heck yes!

The Trout Buddha recently enjoyed time in the north woods of Wisconsin. While the fishing was limited the time spent with family and friends, some relaxing kayaking, and the beautiful surroundings more than made up for it. If you are ever in Boulder Junction check out Janie's Flies sold at Northern Highland Sports on Main St. I ran into Janie herself and got some good local knowledge (nice chat about hike-in smallie and trout locations). The flies look to be top quality - I'm anxious to try some soon.

Great time of year in Wisconsin: smallie action continues to be good (if not great) and it's August (and warm) so hoppers should lure some trout from under the grassy banks.

A publisher's deadline looms large for the Buddha and the next week is nuts so... the posts may be even more limited then usual. I'm sure I am disappointing tens of fans out there!

See you on the stream.
Trout Buddha

PS - Good News! The Trout Car is in the shop with hopes of recovery from my recent "upgrades". My old post from April 20, 2008 has taken on new meaning since I "upgraded" my car!


Hmm, objects in the mirror may indeed be just as they appear! (and it appears the f-ing kayak has fallen on mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment