Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Name Of The Band Is?

OK, very little blogging of late. I'm sure I have upset both of my fans! However, the past 10 days has seen two noteworthy events for the Trout Buddha: 1) a wonderful trip to the Sheboygan River in search of the elusive steelhead and 2) a trip to the Majestic Theater in Madison for my first ever Cowboy Mouth show.

First the fishing. Water flows continue to be low on the Sheboygan but all in all there was plenty of holding water. Saw lots of Kings heading upstream to do their thing. Fished some holes but did not move any big browns or steelhead. Manged to annoy two nice Kings onto a hook and even landed one (~33 inches by the distance from the handle to the stripping guide). A fun catch and nice photo opp. I will post sometime after my buddy gets the film developed - old school. I am beginning to get the steelhead fever. Lots of rain lately and some colder weather coming - I think you need to pay some dues in the elements for these fish...

On to the music. A friend gathered a group of us last Thursday to see Cowboy Mouth at the Majestic Theater in Madison. Wow, think the Clash meets New Orleans hip. Clever, loud, old fashioned rock and roll. Props to any band with a woman who rocks the bass. Front man and drummer Fred LeBlanc can only be experienced - description would fall short. Manic in the most wonderful of ways. Their cover of Springsteen's Born to Run for the encore was unexpected fun. Do yourself a favor and catch this band; a good time had by all. The quote below is a touch over the top but not too far off.

"...on a bad night they'll tear the roof off the joint and on a good night, they'll save your soul." — Cake Magazine

Hmm, well maybe if I could catch a steelie AND see a show in the same week - now THAT would save my soul.

Tight lines amigos,
Trout Buddha



No comments:

Post a Comment